New: Bilingual Reading Diaries
Support your child’s literacy development
Our 32 page bilingual reading diary is packed with advice for families. It encourages parents or carers to use their literacy skills in other languages to support their child’s access to English reading books.
A four star rating system also enables parents to feedback to teachers, without having to worry about what comments to write.
Bilingual diary benefits:
- Advice written in home languages
- Question prompts for fiction and non-fiction books
- Star-rating feedback system to communicate with teachers
- Comments pages for written notes
- Book review pages to encourage reflection in home languages or English
- Space to record other texts children have read beyond school, in home languages or English
- Table of the first 100 words for parents, children and teachers’ reference
- Teacher’s guide in English
The diaries are currently available in Arabic, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian and Somali. More language are planned. Please get in touch if you have a particular need in your school.